Supported Ad Clients
3B PLAYER has built-in support for the two leading video ad frameworks: VAST/VPAID and Google IMA. VAST/VPAID are Ads served by a VAST-compliant video ad server (VAST 3.0 and Mobile Ads). This is the default and most widely used method. Google IMA ads are in-video ads served by Google's Dart For Publishers (DFP), supported through the Interactive Media Ads (IMA) SDK version 3.
- The player supports a large number of ad servers and networks - any server producing VAST will work. For IMA, both DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) and the Google AdSense network are supported. Static VAST XML tag setup allows you to run video ads without using an adserver.
Supported Ad Creatives
In Flash and HTML5 mode include the following formats: Linear, skippable linear, non-linear, companions and ad pods. Support for creative types depends upon the device's Flash or HTML5 capabilities. Generally, FLV and VPAID work in Flash, MP4 works everywhere and WEBM only works in Firefox/Chrome in HTML5.
Different options can be implemented including:
Pre-roll, non-linear banner image overlay, companion ads, ad break schedules (placing ads in specific points of the video timeline), arrays (playing more than one video advert in a pre-roll or ad break, for example, play 2 video ads at offset: x), setup for skipping ads, click-through URL (when watching the ad, viewer can click on the player or banner to go to a specified website), running static adverts without using an ad server, using more than one different ad servers (called waterfalling), if one tag has no ads, look in the next tag and so on, ad message (adding a message such as: ‘Sponsor message or video starts in 00:00’), tracking Ad impressions, clicks, etc.
- 3B PLAYER supports a non-linear method of displaying ad banners as an overlay on video content. This means that advertisements can appear in-line without disrupting playback.
- Ad Skipping (using the skipoffset in VAST 3.0 tag) allows you to set an amount of time viewers can watch an advert before being allowed to skip it. When this skip offset is configured, a countdown will appear in the player and become active when the time has passed. This skip cancels the ad playback and does not fire any ad complete trackers.
- Ad Scheduling enables you to place ads at specific points in your main video timeline. The schedule block contains one or more ad breaks. Each ad break specifies a point on the timeline of the main content at which an ad must be inserted.
- Ad Tag Waterfalling (VAST supported) – Since many advertising tags do not have a 100% fill rate, a technique known as "waterfalling" is typically used in order to maximize revenue. Once the player detects that an ad is not returned in a given VAST tag, it cascades to another tag and attempts to play a different ad from that tag. This process will essentially go down a list and try multiple ad tags until an ad response is returned. If no ad is returned from any of the listed tags, main video content playback with begin. Setting up a waterfall in the player configuration is accomplished by providing the player with an array of ads instead of a single ad. The array can be used anywhere where a tag is set.
Supported Ad Servers
Here are some of the supported ad servers that work with 3B PLAYER.
|24/7 Real Media
|Smart Ad Server